FRESHMEN SEMINAR/PBL: LEADERSHIP CHALLENGE
- Students will be introduced to PBL/Leadership Challenge: The class will be split into 4 groups. Each group will have a 1)student-teacher/leader, 2)an assistant/recorder, and 3)members/peers. Each group over the next three weeks will be assessed as mini classes. The classroom teacher will provide a class framework and lesson topics. The teacher will be looking for student-teachers with their class to develop mini lessons displaying model student high school traits, skills learned throughout course, organization including attendance and on task behavior, initiative/proactive traits, relevant content that reflects Freshmen Seminar, etc. The project begins Monday, December 5 and ends Monday December 19th.
(Can be used as a “course extension” type assignment. Those who are currently , who complete and passes the PBL, overall grade will become 70%. Those who are passing can earn up to 10 points on their overall grade. Students will be monitored daily and receive a weekly average. The three individual weekly averages will be average together to determine final PBL grade. So, if a student who is already passing average 75% on the PBL, they will receive 7.5 points on their overall grade.)
Students will also continue to work on Final Performance Exam: UNL presentations demonstrating skills learned in course and "expressions" within the PBL discussed above
- Semester Blog Assignment
As a part of your Final for this class, you are responsible for creating a blog that summarizes everything we’ve covered this semester. You can use Blogger, WordPress, or any other approved blog sites. Your blog must contain the following sections/information:
1. Character/High School Readiness Traits
2. Social Media Etiquette
3. Propaganda/Persuasive Techniques
4. The Academies/Career-Discuss the academy and career you selected (Creative Studies or Global Services).
5. Usher’s New Look-Discuss something you learned or can take away from Mr. Brandon’s (Tuesday) lessons.
Each Section must contain an artifact and one paragraph written response:
The artifact must be creative enough to represent each section. (You should do more than just copy the definitions)
· Picture (Photo)/Drawing (Quality work that is displayed in the class)
One paragraph written response:
· Description of the artifact
· Explanation of why you chose that artifact
· How you can apply it to your life next semester/school year